Book "Sommelier: the Illustrated Manual" Ed. 2021
€ 36,00 VAT included!
All my notes on wine and food in one book. The manual is designed for all aspiring sommeliers, but it is also very useful for "already sommeliers" who want to revise, for winelovers who want to start giving concrete foundations to their passion and for sector operators who want to earn more by learning both managing the cellar of their restaurant and selling the right bottle to their customers.
- III Edition: September 8, 2021 - 15,24 x 22,86 cm format, 544 black and white pages, ISBN 978-88-943070-6-1
- II Edition: 1 December 2019 - format 16,5 x 24 cm, 430 black and white pages, ISBN 978-88-943070-8-5
- I Edition: 31 October 2018, format 16,5 x 24 cm, 300 black and white pages - ISBN 978-88-943070-1-6
FOR FREE, ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BUY ON MY BLOG, A COPY OF MY SPARKLING WINES GUIDE “500 BOLLE IN 500” ED. 2018 [FROM COLLECTION]
This book was born out of my need, when I was aspiring sommelier, to have a memorandum, a well-organized, streamlined and intuitive notebook on which to study. Between home and work I had very little time and I used every free moment to study, from the train to various and eventual waits. In this book you will find all my notes on wine and food that I collected during the AIS courses, the university of Gastronomic Sciences and in the work of nearly 8 years like wine blogger. I sincerely hope it will be useful to you during the sommelier courses and to support theAIS sommelier exam, FIS, Fisar and other associations. And, if you are already a sommelier, to take with you the world of wine in one book about wine.
A wine-themed gift for sommeliers and wine lovers
With the sommelier book you will receive a double-sided bookmark in cardboard with all the colors of wine and beer for free. I carefully pack each book with red tissue paper and a small chili pepper to bring good luck to pamper you, or simply to give it to you ready to give to a special person passionate about wine like you..
Sommelier: the Illustrated Manual
All my notes on wine and food in one book.
- Preface: the first reason to read this book, by Rocco Tolfa (journalist, author and TV presenter); the second reason for reading this book, by Marco Antonucci (journalist, architect and teacher).
- Introduction: the figure of the sommelier, by Hosam Eldin Abou Eleyoun (President of AIS Lombardia); the value of the sommelier in the restaurant, by Marco Sacco (chef patron “Piccolo Lago” ** Michelin); become a sommelier: it's not too late, di Chiara Bassi.
- Chapter 1: the sommelier - sommelier tools; cellar management; wine service; relationship with the customer; restaurant menu.
- Chapter 2: the wine - lives; vineyard; grape; must; processing still wines and base wines for the production of sparkling wines; sparkling wines; special wines; composition of the wine; bottling; alterations, defects and diseases.
- Chapter 3: 52vitigni - synonyms; characteristics of the plant; characteristics of the wine produced; cultivation areas in Italy and in the world; DOCG & DOC where the vine is allowed.
- Chapter 4: wine in Italy - climate; land; areas, any sub-areas, wines and key grape varieties; DOC, DOCG; 3 typical foods / dishes with territorial combination. [with the maps drawn of the wine-growing areas of each region]
- Chapter 5: wine in France - climate; land; areas, any sub-areas, wines and key grape varieties; DOC, DOCG; 1 typical food / dish with territorial combination. [with the maps drawn of the wine-growing areas of each area]
- Chapter 6: wine in the world - climate; land; areas, any sub-areas, wines and key grape varieties; DOC, DOCG; 1 typical food / dish with territorial combination. [with the maps drawn of the wine-growing areas of each state]
- Chapter 7: the tasting - physiology of taste; how to taste it; which glass to use; what evaluations to make (visual examination, olfactory examination, taste-olfactory examination, evolutionary state, harmony); open bottle duration; judgment and prejudice.
- Chapter 8: food-wine pairing - hints of the anthropology of taste; food tasting; food examination; wine tasting in relation to food; pairing technique; taste of ingredients; taste of cooking; taste of the seasoning; taste of conservation; types of food and combinations.
- Chapter 9: beer, spirits and liqueurs - beer (ingredients, production, brewing styles, beer tasting, food-beer pairing); distillates (distillation process, composition of a distillate, service of a distillate, tasting of a distillate, types of distillate); liqueurs (classification by extraction method, cold liqueurs, bitters, herbs and drugs for the production of liqueurs, spirits and vermouth).
- Chapter 10: history of wine and cuisine - ancient age (ancient Egypt, land of Caanan, ancient Greece, ancient Rome), medieval age (Early Middle Ages, Late Middle Ages), modern age (Renaissance, Baroque), contemporary age (from the French Revolution to the 900th century, the XNUMXth century).
- Wine etiquette
Only customers who have logged in and purchased this product can leave a review.