Wine blogger? Certainly Sommelier AIS and Gastronome 😋
Ever since high school, I have always needed to write in order to study. In those days, I used to endlessly recopy lecture notes into paper notebooks whose order bordered on the manic. They were hours and hours spent only on me and my preparation. Today, as wine bloggerI write on a keyboard, for everyone. My wine blog (really a blog of-wine) was originally intended to be my study notebook for theAIS examination third level to be officially 'consecrated'. sommelier. That is why it is the materialisation of my greatest love: the writing. A wine blogger is for me a 'modern' writer who puts sharing at the centre of his knowledge.
A wine blogger dreamer and visionary, I dream of making education for sommeliers and wine enthusiasts beautiful, streamlined and well-organised.
Wine blogging? A path...
Hello, I am Chiara Bassi and I was born on 8 May 1985 in Faenza, in the generous Romagna region. Already AIS Sommelier e graduated with honours in science, culture and politics of gastronomy (oenological address) at theUniversitas Mercatorum of Rome, I specialised in Food and Wine Journalism with the Master of Journalism executive course of the Luiss Guido Carli of Rome.
A digital nomad, I have been writing about wine and food on my wine blog Perlage Suite since October 2014 and in April 2017 I was awarded in Bordeaux by Millésima as the best wine blogger in Europe in the food and wine pairing category.
In November 2018 I published How to become a Sommelier, Amazon bestseller now in its 3rd Edition under the name Sommelier: the illustrated manual. My first novel Leonardo's sparkling wine (2020) won the special prize of the 20th edition of the National Competition "Drink the Territory" of the Go Wine Association in 2021 and the special mention of merit of the Literary Prize "Scritture di Lago" of the city of Como for originality in 2022.
Europeanist, liberal and aesthete, I live in Monte Isola - a small island nestled in Lake Iseo - with my husband Francesco, my little fox Paco and many rare orchid species.
P.S. Even though I lost my father too early, my greatest love, I know I am lucky because I have wonderful people gravitating in my life who I thank every day for being there: Fabrizio Penzo, Marco Nanni, Marco Antonucci... and Valentina Mantovani. Thank you for being in my life.
Wine bloggers: the prizes I won
Awards 2021: Special Prize Wine-themed book published in 2020, National Literary Competition 'Drinking the Territory' by Go Wine
Awards 2017: Best Wine Blogger in Europe in the Food & Wine Pairing category
Awards 2016: Best Social Communication - Young to Young, Vinitaly and il Golosario
Wine Bloggers: they talked about me...
- IoDonna: The taste of summer: La vien en rosé – 24/07/2021
- The Republic: Wine trends: the 10 trends that are revolutionising the wine sector – 13/11/2019
- Silky Tannins: Wineblogger, from digital to 'old' paper– 20/09/2018
- Wine TV: Caveau Festival and Capannelle Wine Contest – 27/06/2018
- Travel impressions: 500 BOLLE IN 500 (2018), the first guide dedicated to Italian sparkling wines – 12/01/2018
- Ways of Taste: 500 Bubbles in 500, the guide to Italian sparkling wines – 11/01/2018
- Millésima: Blog Awards 2017 - Here are the 6 winners – 06-02-2017
- The Golosario: Young to Young 2016: here are the winners – 13/04/2016
- Sip of wine: Young to young 2016 at Vinitaly like a film... – 10/04/2016
Awards I have won as a Wine Blogger/Wine Communicator:
- National Literary Competition 'Drinking the Territory' 2021 - Special wine-themed book prize published in 2020 to my novel 'Lo Spumante di Leonardo' (Leonardo's Sparkling Wine)
- Millésima Blog Awards 2017 - Winner Europe, cat. Food & Wine Pairing - 02/04/2017
- Vinitaly Young to Young 2016 - Best Social Media Communication - 13/04/2016
I have been a not-too-common judge:
- Capannelle Wine Contest 2018 – 10/07/2018
In short, as a wine blogger (or wine blogger, whichever you prefer!) I've accomplished a lot... I hope, however, to get better and better at it and write more and more beautiful and useful articles and books! ☺️